For the garlic and rosemary infused oil:
- 70 g mild olive oil
- 20 g fresh garlic
- 5 g chilli powder
- 15 g thyme
- 25 g fresh rosemary
- 1 star anise
- 1 glass jar with a lid, 120 cc
For the focaccia:
- 1 kg strong flour
- 750 g of water
- 20 g table salt
- 4 g fresh brewer’s yeast
- 40 g vacuum infused oil
- 100 g cherry tomatoes
- 5 g fresh rosemary
- 100 g olives
- 20 g vacuum infused oil
- 5 g coarse salt
For the garlic and rosemary infused oil
- To prepare the garlic and rosemary infused oil (see other infused oils) we start by putting the oil and all the aromatics in a glass jar. We close the jar gently and pack it in the vacuum packing machine.
Then we cook it in the SmartVide sous-vide cooker for 60 minutes at 45 ºC.
For the focaccia
- In a bowl, we dissolve the yeast in the water and add the flour, salt and 40g of the infused oil. We mix it with a spatula until thoroughly combined. We knead it for 5 minutes with the help of the spatula until we have an even consistency. We cover it and leave it to rest for 30 minutes.
- After the first fermentation, we fold the dough, pulling the sides into the centre until we obtain a smooth and elastic texture. We leave it to prove for 4 hours at room temperature until it has doubled in volume.
- We keep the dough refrigerated for 24 hours.
- We then stretch the dough to cover a pre-oiled baking tray. We press our fingertips into the dough gently to deflate.
We cut the cherry tomatoes in half and place them on the dough together with the olives, 20g of the infused oil, the rosemary and the salt.
Infusions in a jar can be a sustainable way to work with vacuum techniques and reuse old containers.